Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Those feet were made for walkin'

I'm happy to announce my child has discovered he has feet and now knows what they are used for. While holding on to our fingers he will walk all over the place. This evening he walked from the living room all the way to his bedroom. He even has started using his push toy. I'm excited. The kid won't be riding the short bus after all. I have to admit I've been a little worried about his lack of development in the motor skills department but over the past two weeks he's just flourished with the desire to get up and move. He's even a champ at getting off the couch, which is a little worrisome. If he's on his belly on the couch he'll swing his legs around and lower his body down until his feet touch the ground. Pretty impressive for him. I'm going to give him two weeks and I expect him to be cruising the furniture. That's a scary thought.

No comments: