Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sitting around watching a light show

I would like to say that there is a lot of new and exciting things happening around here, but there's not. Summer is finally here. We've been experiencing mid 90 degree dry heat for a couple of weeks now. It's hot. The days where I don't leave the house are approaching. The days when it is already in the 90's when I wake up are quickly approaching. Gotta love those days.

Wesley's strive to move is getting greater by the day. Yesterday I went in to get him after his nap and he was sitting in his crib playing. Sitting on his butt. He's finally figured out he can go from lying on his back to rolling on his tummy to getting on his knees and then pushing back onto his butt. Yea little man, good for you! He's been doing it ever since. I lay him down to change his diaper and I turn around to get a diaper and look back and he's sitting on his butt there looking at me. Super fast. I'm so happy he's finally moving. I say that now, I'm sure I will miss the non moving baby soon but for now I'm psyched.

In his room is a hanging light that when turned on shines stars and moon shapes on the wall. My parents got it for him at Ikea and it's been up in his room since he was born. Well he just over the past several months discovered it. Now I ask him "Wesley, where is your light show?" (we call it his light show) and he looks and points at it. When it's nap time I lay him down and he immediately points at it until I turn it on, and it stays on through his naps. It's amazing what things he loves and what things mean nothing to him.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I'm a little behind in my blog reading, so I'm catching up. That light is so cool! Hannah is just getting to where she loves looking at things that light up, and I think she would LOVE that on her ceiling! Need to get to Ikea...