Friday, June 13, 2008

Adventures in pee pee land

We have been battling this supposed diaper rash for two days now. It has come down to every diaper change being a big fat battle between Wesley and I. He screams and lays there on his back with his little chubby legs pushed apart. Poor kid is in some serious pain. So I called the pediatricians office and talked to the friendly nurse there. I described the rash (deep red, splotchy patches) and she thinks it is a yeast infection. Yeast infections can't be cured with diaper cream and powder. She recommended letting him soak in the tub 2-3 times a day with two tablespoons of baking soda dissolved in the water. Also he should have Lotramin AF smeared all over his privates 4 times a day and I should let him be a little nudist (go without diaper) as much as possible. SO after the nice little bath this morning I dried him off and laid him down on his quilt on the floor in his room naked. I then went downstairs in search of Sean's tube of Lotramin. When I returned upstairs I find Wesley, butt naked, drenched in urine giggling and rolling around like mad. The quilt is drenched. The kid had urine pooled in the corner of his eyes. This will be fun. The nurse said if it hasn't cleared up or at least started to clear up by Monday I'll have to take him in and get something stronger. So here's hoping. This weekend is going to be fun with our little nudist and the pee fest we're going to have. And I thought the dogs were bad.

No comments: