Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My two heros

Wesley and I are officially back home after four days without air conditioning. Sean and Josh got it working at 8 pm last night and the house cooled from 89 degrees to 83 degrees in an hour. At precisely 9:45 pm a huge storm went through and knocked out our power for 8 hours. Yes the glorious new air conditioner stopped with the power outage and we once again got to sit in our hot miserable house. I swear I just can't win this week. Oh well, all is well that ends well. I am sitting here typing in a cool house with a cool sleeping baby in the other room. Life is good. Sean and Josh are my heros.

Wesley and I had a nice time visiting Grandma and Grandpa's house over the past several days. He took a ride in his buggy around their neighborhood. He got to say Hi to the box turtle that lives in their front garden and eats all the bugs in sight. We watched Jeopardy every day, Wesley likes Jeopardy. He got to take long glorious naps on Grandma and Grandpa's bed. We got to pick cherries off their cherry trees and make a cherry crisp....Mmmmmm cherry crisp. Wesley got to play and laugh at Grandpa's mustache, oh how he enjoys that mustache. Grandpa even tried to show Wesley how to crawl, but to avail. Yep we had a nice time. Although I am happy to be home and get back into our normal schedule, it was a nice break from reality. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for letting us camp out.

No comments: