Monday, June 23, 2008

My glorious find

I have mentioned in the past how much I enjoy garage sales. I really didn't care for them much before I had Wesley but now I'm constantly on the watch for cool toys, books and even little boy clothes (since they are always outgrowing something). Well I went out Saturday in the hopes of finding some shelving for Wesley's room. Something we could put all of his books, toys and stuffed animals on. I've been looking for a few months now and finally decided I was going to have to resort to crappy Wal-Mart shelves just because I needed something soon. The first garage sale I went to I found the shelves. Big, almost 6 foot tall, solid wood, handmade shelves. Very little kid room like. I was so excited. They were rough, definitely needed some sanding and paint but I could see the potential. Here they are right after pulling them out of the back of the truck.



Then during little Man's nap I sanded down some of the old paint then dug around the garage for some old paint, which we luckily had a lot of. It took three coats to cover the old white. The shelves are now in Wesley's room full of stuff and he is even trying his hardest to pull up on them. Not bad for $30 garage sale shelves (that I talked her down from $50), eh?

No comments: