Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend

What a productive weekend we've had! I've decided we need to have company come visit more so that we clean and organize this house more often. It seems like once a year we have one big cleaning session right before someone comes to see us. Sean's parents will be here Wednesday and I'm really looking forward to it. I know Wesley will be excited to see them, he loves grandparents.

We've hit a new chapter with Wesley. He is such a little kid now. He wakes up, drinks his milk, eats his breakfast and then I let him down from his highchair and he's off. He goes from one corner of the house to the other, investigating everything in his path. I've taken the big cabinet next to the TV that used to house all the DVD's and cleaned it out and refilled it with all his toys from the living room. He loves to open up the cabinet (the only one without a baby lock on it) and pull everything out. He really does a good job of entertaining himself for several hours at a time. I've become spoiled rotten being able to do things that I used to only be able to do once he was napping. Things such as surfing the internet.

I've become a craiglist junkie. I love looking at craigslist for goodies. I sometimes look several times a day. It's not like we need someone else's junk or anything but it's like I'm just drawn to it. We bought the Green Machine off of there and it's sure been handy for filling in the pool. But now I'm looking for a bigger aquarium. I have a 29 gallon one here in the living room but I'd love a bigger one, maybe a 55 or 72 gallon tank would be fun. They run between $150 and $300 on craigslist but I just haven't found the perfect one yet. I found a used 125 gallon tank for sale in front of a local pet shop this weekend and was debating buying it but then I started thinking about just how heavy 125 gallons of water would be. Turns out a gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds. So if you do the math, 125 gallon weighs 1042 pounds and that doesn't include the glass or stand. Yikes! Makes me worry about where I would put it and would I wake up one day to a hole in the floor and an aquarium in the basement. No, I think I'll stick to a smaller one.

No comments: