Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable Fourth of July. Sean, Wesley and I went over to my friend Jessica's house to enjoy a nice BBQ with her and her family. Wesley got to enjoy his first taste of fireworks before it got dark. Jessica bought some little poppers and such that her little 20 month old could enjoy. We were amazed at how many "duds" there were. I guess fireworks aren't very reliable, but then again what do you expect for .30 cents. It was fun times, I think next year I'll actually go buy some for the then two year old Wesley to enjoy. Then around 9 o'clock we drug our old fuddy duddy butts home so little dude could get a bath and go to bed and we could lay around and relax for a couple of hours.

When I got home tonight I went into the kitchen and found a fun new tenant living on my countertops. The crappy little black ants from hell have returned. I don't know why they returned. I keep my kitchen clean but they can find the slightest crumb, the tiniest formula sprinkle leftover. It drives me NUTS. They have been gone since April and I had hoped the pleasant weather had drawn them outside, but no. SO tonight I found an alternate outlet for my frustration. I plucked up several of the little black vile suckers and dropped them into the fish tank. Oh how exciting it is to see the fish fight over them. He he he (evil laughter) ah ha ha.

No comments: