Friday, August 8, 2008

My Payoff

Having a kid has been quite a roller coaster. On one hand you have the early days of sleepless nights, the endless crying, the isolation. As a Mom you give up a career and loose friends. All to take care and nurture this tiny little version of yourself.

Now I feel there is a payoff to all this misery. You might think I'm about to go on and on about that first cheesy smile or the priceless giggles.....oh no, my payoff will be hard labor. I did it as a kid, hubby did it as a kid. I mean the mowing of five acres in August, doing the dishes every night, washing and waxing muddy cars, scrubbing dirty dogs and vacuuming. That's the short list. I seriously think that might be the reason my parents had children in the first place. Much like them, I am looking forward to the 7 short years before I can turn over the keys (to the mower that is) and lay down on the couch and eat bon bons. I feel that that will be my payoff.

No comments: