Friday, August 22, 2008

The cop out

I'm not one for letting my kid watch television. For one, we pretty much don't have television since canceling cable. We get four channels that come in kind of fuzzy and then Fox that comes in crystal clear (strange). But today I needed to get some work done and Wesley kept standing next to my chair pinching me. He really enjoys lifting up my shirt and pinching my side. It's not pleasant. I try not to react but it's like a bee stinging me over and over. I think the thing that bothers me the most is how much enjoyment he gets out of doing it and watching me squirm. Crazy kid.

SO anyway, I copped out today. I plunked him down in front of the computer, loaded Elmo's World on YouTube, and put his juice and Cheerios next to him. He had a great time and I had a date with my paint brush. It was lovely. So lovely in fact that I just bought my first Elmo's World DVD off of eBay. Ahhh, the love affair with the television starts young in this house.

No comments: