Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend rewind

This is going to be one of those rambling posts where I have nothing of importance to say but I feel like writing anyways. Aren't you excited? We had a dud of a weekend. It turned out to be beautiful Saturday and freakin' cold Sunday. So Saturday Sean went out to spread compost on the former pool site. The soil that filled in the pool was 100% clay so there was no way to get grass to grow on it. We were going to have some top soil brought in to rectify this and then we remembered the huge pile of compost that Sean scooped out of the horse pen last fall with the tractor. So he set to work moving the pile with the tractor. This worked for several scoop fulls until the tractor started shooting craps. I guess one of the belts or chains that runs something vital came off (aren't I so technical?). So he changed his plan to using the truck to move the compost.

Wesley and I went out there and helped as much as we could by raking out the piles. Wesley decided to take a bath in the dirt and had it all over him, even in the crevices of his eyes. Now when I say "dirt" I mean old poop that now resembles dirt. Yea, yum. The kids building his immunity one poop "dirt" bath at a time. Boys will be boys, and he sure had fun.

Sunday I went into town and picked up all the essentials for Wesley's first official Easter. I'm excited! Last year he was only 9 months old and wasn't walking so we didn't do anything. This year I got some cool egg dye and an Easter basket. We are going to get together with Jessica and her kids to dye eggs this week. We hope to have good weather to do an Easter egg hunt next Saturday (as Sunday is supposed to be nasty out). I don't really trust him with candy like jelly beans and such just yet so I found some cute little toys to fill his basket. I'll throw in some 100 calorie packs of cookies since they are the perfect size for him. I think he'll have fun. I'll get tons of cute egg hunting pictures.
That's all for now.

No comments: