Friday, April 24, 2009

Crazy lady

It's official, I've become the crazy garage sale lady. I swear I was never like this before I had kids. When kids come along so does the need to fill your house with brightly colored, obnoxious toys and books. Seeing as the house is already filled with said toys, you might think I would just stop, but no. Now I need to find new and exciting age appropriate toys. We are done with the baby toys (until September anyways), now I'm looking for little boy toys. The race cars, the building sets, and of course anything Sesame Street. We also desperately need a new infusion of kids books in this house. If I have to read "Where the Wild Things Are" one more time....

Our city is having its city wide garage sale today and tomorrow and since it is supposed to pour buckets of rain tomorrow I feel today is my day to scavenge. I took Wesley around town yesterday for some of the early sales but it was a pain having to get him in and out of his car seat every two minutes for garage sales that had nothing. So today I'm dropping him at Grandma's house for an hour so I can race around baby free (except for the one that is kicking my insides right now).

I'm also pumped to look for little girl stuff. Everything that Wesley had as an infant will be used for her so I doubt I'll need much of anything. But I'll still keep my eyes open for tiny girl clothes, decorations and a dresser. I'm about 95% sure we found the name we are going to use. We have two that we both like but one is quite a bit less popular among little girls right now so I think we'll go that route. As with Wesley we'll keep it under wraps until she's born.
Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Seriously? No hints on the name? We've been test-marketing ours for 8 months! ;-) You must be much more disciplined than I. (Bonus: if you share, I promise I won't tell or steal it!)