Thursday, April 16, 2009

More of the same

I haven't blogged in a few days due to my attention being elsewhere. My friend just got done reading the Twilight series for the first time and we were talking about it and I couldn't remember certain parts she was referring to so of course I had to re read the series. I started last week and think I'll finish up the fourth book tonight. I swear they are the most addicting books I've ever read. The first book I can meander through slowly and the second usually goes a little faster but the third and the fourth book are about 36 hour books each. No it doesn't take me 36 hours to read them, it takes me a day and half of naps and after he goes to bed in the evenings to read a book. I just gobble them up.

I've also been caring for a sick husband since yesterday. Poor guy came home early from work with something causing him body aches, headaches, fever and drainage issues. I'm guessing (and hoping) it's just a bad cold and not a case of late flu. Wesley got his flu shot (both of them) this year so I'm not too worried about him, but having two parents incapacitated would be bad. I slept upstairs last night so Sean could be quarantined to the bedroom, this wasn't too bad since I still have my book obsession stated above and I stayed up late lying in bed reading. I'm hoping he's feeling better soon. Poor Wesley is confused as to why Daddy's car is in the garage yet he can't find Daddy (we're keeping him totally away from Sean).

Wesley and I needed to get out of the house this morning so I loaded up the stroller and we went to the mall. I can't even remember the last time I went to the mall, definitely not a common occurrence. I got two cute maternity tops and a cute pair of pants from Old Navy. I'm sure I've got a full maternity wardrobe from the last pregnancy but buying new clothes is just too much fun to pass up. I wanted to spend some time looking through the Motherhood store but Wesley had had enough so we headed home. I'll have to return there without the youngin next time. Maybe for my upcoming birthday I'll get a day to myself. That would be nice.

Here is a picture of Mister Cheesy Smile himself while sitting in his beloved Elmo chair with his beloved stickers (that he plasters on every flat surface in the house).

No comments: