Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Through the eyes of a toddler

It turned out to be a beautiful 70 degree day today so Wesley and I loaded into the van and drove over to my parents house to go check on their kitties since they're still out of town. I thought it would be a good change of scenery for the kid and allow me to take some pictures (something I've been slacking on). We brought the wagon and took a walk around their neighborhood.



He won't seem to go anywhere these days without his well loved sticker book. We got back to their house and I let him go explore around their pond. As we got closer I noticed some turtles on a downed limb in the pond. Then I noticed some furry brown thing on the limb next to the turtles. I was shocked to see a beaver in their pond. I've never actually seen a beaver in real life and especially in their pond. This is a pond that I spent a great deal of my childhood in or around collecting snails, tadpoles and other slimy little things. A beaver family would have been a lot of fun to watch back then. It kind of made my day to see it.




After the pond Wesley high tailed it over to the wind mill. He found it highly interesting and kept looking up at it as it spun in the wind.




It's very cool seeing new things through the eyes of a toddler.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Great angle on the windmill pic!