Saturday, April 25, 2009

Finds

I got back today at 1:30 in the afternoon after four straight hours of searching garages sales. I found some awesome finds. Several things for Wesley, several things for the Little Skittle"ette". My biggest find was an older antique looking dresser. It's got style and will look just precious in a girls room. It needs to be refinished but I can do that. I got it for a whopping $10 (talked down from $20), I love good deals. I have no pictures of it since it is still in the back of the truck parked in the shop. Since the truck gets driven once every blue moon I imagine it will stay back there until I find time to refinish it.

I got Wesley about 30 new used books which we have already read today. I'm sure we'll get to read all of them tomorrow and the next day too. He really enjoys new books. I also found a little tykes table and chairs yesterday which he has fallen in love with. He'll just park his little butt in a chair and play with his little figurines. Whenever it's time to eat he runs over and gets in his little chair instead of running to the dinner table. It's cute.



I also ran across an antique Sesame Street toy that I couldn't say no to. It's a Story Telling Big Bird. I figured since we had a talking Cookie Monster and Elmo why not a Big Bird? But this thing is really quite neat. It has a cassette player stuffed in its rear end (literally) and you raise its tail to put the cassette in. Then Big Bird moves his beak to each word in the books that it came with as it reads the story. Very neat toy. Of course Wesley is a bit freaked out by it, as he is with most talking toys, but I feel he'll warm up soon. The toy was made in 1986. This is a toy I might have wanted when I was a kid....considering it came out when I was 7. They sure don't make things like they used to.



For the Little Miss Skittle I found all sorts of tiny clothes. I just couldn't resist those little pink onsies. I also couldn't resist this dress:



I feel like I'm starting to embrace my girly side (who knew there was one) and this little girl will probably be dressed in pink her whole first year. And I'm ok with that.

No comments: