Monday, April 20, 2009

Delicious

One of Wesley's favorite dishes that I make is Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. I made them last night and he ate one and a half enchiladas. They were pretty big so that's amazing for a little guy. They are quick and easy so I thought I'd share the recipe.


Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas


1 can (19 oz) Enchilada Sauce (any variety although I like the green chile sauce)
2 cups shredded or diced chicken (I use the leftovers from a rotisserie or roasted chicken)
1 1/2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz)
1 cup light sour cream
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
8 flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce on bottom of 13x9 inch pan. In a bowl, stir together chicken, monterey jack cheese, sour cream and chiles.

2. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down each tortilla. Roll up and arrange seam side down in baking dish. Top enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover baking dish with foil.

3. Bake 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.


I'm already drooling, I want to make them again. Hope you like them!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh how I wish Claire would eat something HALF this interesting! Good for you for feeding the kid well. We will try this recipe soon.