Friday, February 26, 2010

Updates

  • Wesley's new favorite thing to do is to raid our CD cabinet and pick out a CD. He then walks over to the computer desk, climbs up on the chair and proceeds to load the CD into the laptop all by himself. I was a little iffy letting him do this by himself but he's a pro now and does it gently. He'll wait for the program to start up and will sit and listen to a CD and when he tires of it he'll load a new one in. It's fascinating watching this little boy grow and learn new abilities. His favorite at the moment? Cheeseburger in Paradise by Jimmy Buffet. He'll even sing along.

  • I'm still doing my late night grocery runs every other Thursday. I leave around 10:30pm and get home around 1 in the morning. I really enjoy my time alone, even if it is so late at night. The stores are all but empty. I guess I'm just not willing to give up my family time on Saturdays so I can go bump carts with every other person doing their grocery shopping on Saturdays.

  • A new farrier came out last Tuesday to trim up the mini's hooves. He called the night before and said he had an opening the following day so I jumped on it. I knew Jessica would be over for a play date so I talked her into watching all the kids since I didn't think it would take very long. I was wrong. This guy was Mr. Chatty and spent an hour and a half trimming both horses. I felt so bad leaving Jessica inside with a 3.5 year old, a 2.5 year old, an almost 2 year old and a 5 month old. I thought I'd come in to find Jessica hiding in a closet but she handled them all like a champ. Thanks Jessica! The guy did a beautiful job on their hooves and we are hoping over time Desi will loose the tenderness he has on his front hooves.

  • The banishment of the baby weight is going well. Seven and a half pounds gone, two and a half to go until I reward myself with a dinner out (the first in five months...how depressing). The exercise plan is still in full swing although I've had to modify it slightly due to my knees hurting. I'm almost finished with level 2 and should start level 3 next week. My ultimate downfall seems to be the giant bag of candy in the upstairs bathroom....Wesley's reward system for potty training. The candy calls to me throughout the day, and I have very little willpower. I'll have to find a different type of candy, one that I don't like. I don't think that exists.

    That's about all that's happening around here.

No comments: