Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Great Moments in Babysitting

The other day my friend Jessica dropped her son, Alex, off at our house so that I could watch him while she went to a doctors appointment. I popped in a DVD and we all sat down and watched it for a little while. The boys attention spans aren't too long so after a bit they both started playing on the couch. In the meantime I was leaning over the computer desk (which is right next to the couch) looking something up online when I felt a poke in my ribs. I thought nothing of it and a few minutes later felt another poke.

Alex and Wesley are giggling, the TV is blaring an unwatched movie and I hear "Look at what I found!" from Alex.

Then Wesley goes "Mom, look what Alex has!".

I glance around to find Alex standing on the couch cushions, poking this in my ribs:



I gasped and immediately grabbed it out of his hand, asking him where he found it. He said "In the couch".

We moved the new couches into the living room from another room without taking the cushions off and seeing what's under them. They used to be a dumping ground for things that needed to be put away....you know like laundry, magazines and apparently even drywall saws.

Doesn't everyone have rusty drywall saws stuck in their couches?

Needless to say I doubt Jessica will be inquiring about my babysitting services again anytime soon.

2 comments:

Hoofprints said...

Hmmm...does it make me a bad mom that I didn't think anything of this other than it was funny? Don't worry...I'll be asking for your babysitting services many more times. Now if he pulled a plugged in power drill out of the couch...maybe...

Granny Randi said...

I'm with Jessica...that is funny!