Sunday, February 28, 2010

Funday Sunday

I haul the bread machine out occasionally and today I thought I'd share one of my favorite dough recipes. I found this herb pizza dough recipe online about a year ago and make it once every few months. It's a winner. It is super easy and the smell that radiates from your oven when it is baking is simply divine. I make it into a deep dish pizza in a 13 X 9 pan but I'm sure you could roll it out onto a standard pizza pan. Yum!



Easy Bread Machine Herb Pizza Dough

* 1 1/2 cups warm water
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 cups flour (all purpose or bread)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
* 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
* 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Add ingredients in order to your bread machine. Select dough cycle. After cycle is complete roll or press into pan, no need to let dough rest again. *I oil my pan with olive oil so that it doesn't stick. Load up with sauce and toppings. *I also rub the dough with olive oil before baking so the crust is crispy and delicious. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Didn't I say it was easy?

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Thanks! Very timely as Oscar night always means Pizza at our house. Problem is, I like pepperoni. Nate likes Canadian bacon and (the horror!) pineapple, and Claire likes cheese. No one but me likes vegetables. What am I to do?

The Menagerie Momma said...

Could you make three mini pizzas? Each of you getting your own?