Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday Weigh In

So it turns out that having two babies in a little over two years does some really bad things to your body. There is bulging skin in places you're not supposed to have bulging skin. And the back fat! I hate back fat. Don't even get me started on the stretch marks...I didn't get a single stretch mark with Wesley yet I erupt into a walking road map with Greta. Not just on the belly either. Grrrr. With all that said, I'm five pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight yet my body still resembles a deflated balloon. It really sucks. So in an effort to regain some muscle tone and loose the last of the fat I've enlisted some help from a personal trainer. Yea not a real personal trainer (I'm too cheap for that), one on the television. Jillian Michaels, the butch chick off of the Biggest Looser, released a work out DVD that I've heard good things about. And by "good things" I'm referring to reviews on Amazon that said this DVD kicked their butts into gear and they saw results. It claims an individual could loose 20 pounds in 30 days. I'm not looking for those results but I'd settle on loosing the skin pouch over my belly.

I started the DVD on Monday and couldn't move that evening. There were muscles aching I didn't even know I had. Tuesday's work out was slightly easier but still exhausting. The trainer focuses on 3 minutes of aerobic, 2 minutes of strength and 1 minute abs. And you just do this over and over for 30 minutes. Who knew that a simple combination like that could possibly render such positive results. I'll get back with you at the end of the month and see if after 30 days there is any change. Here's hoping!

No comments: