Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Night Owl

I have a strange new routine that I've been doing for about a month now. Every other Friday night I get Wesley and Greta to sleep, say goodnight to Sean and drive into town to do my grocery shopping. It's usually around 10:30 when I leave and I get home around 1 am. And I love it! I have tried every possible way to be able to get into town to do the weekly food shopping: take Greta while leaving Wesley with Sean (she screams in the front pack and car seat) or leave Greta at home with Sean on the weekends (I have to hurry since she's used to eating every two hours). The only way that I don't end up inconveniencing anyone (except myself) is to do it once the whole house is sleeping. It has it's perks: I don't have to hurry and can take my time, the stores are all but empty, no lines, and I don't have to drag babies out into the cold. There are a few down sides. The people that come out to shop at midnight are some interesting people to say it delicately. If you're into people watching, there isn't much better a venue than Wal-Mart at 1 am. Of course I am pretty tired after doing this but I can sleep in with Greta on the weekends when Sean is home to tend to Wesley in the mornings. It's been working out pretty good and I intend to keep doing it. Just thought I'd share how bizarre my routine has become lately.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

That's just wrong.

Hoofprints said...

I think I must join you on your new trips. I did it once and I must say that I enjoyed the lack of crowd. I'm up until 1 a.m anyways so what's the difference?