Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sleeping Powder Anyone?

Lord help me. Wesley has decided that his daily nap is now optional. I've been dreading this day for awhile. It seems that around 2.5 years old is when I hear of a lot of little kids giving up their naps and I hoped and hoped that mine wouldn't be one of them.

Wesley needs a daily nap. I need him to take a nap, for my sanity. And last of all, Greta needs a nice quiet house for her nap. But he just won't go to sleep.

I'm selfish enough to admit that I need some sort of break from the kids during the day. I just don't know what to do if Wesley permanently gives up his nap. I'm afraid I might go coo coo. Sean will come home one day to find me curled up in fetal position whistling show tunes.

So for now, Wesley will be having an hour of "quiet time" in his room. If he chooses to sleep that would be best but otherwise it will be a much needed break for all of us. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Hoofprints said...

Welcome to the ranks of insanity. I'm captain on this ship of no sleep. Good news though. You could actually leave him at our house for quiet time and go home with one sleepy kid until quiet time is up. It's an option. we don't care much for sleep in this house so think it over. :-)

Little Man's blog said...

Quiet time is a great option. Here's keeping my fingers crossed...