Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend Update

The house projects are coming along. Sean spent another weekend working on the replacement of the exterior door. I'm happy to report we have a new door and new siding around the door. Sean is now in the process of installing a small gate that will be a few feet away from the new door to protect it from our crappy dogs. The old door suffered a fate worse than death from the dogs and we plan to not let that happen again. Our setter mix Sophie decides that whenever she wants in the house for whatever reason (thunder, guns shots, her sheer crappiness...) she will scrape on the door. This destroys the seals around the door along with the trim. She is such a destructive animal. I keep thinking we need to invest in a shock collar for no other reason than the pure satisfaction it would bring me every time she started scraping up something, or eating off of our counters, or anything else from the giant list of her sheer crappy dogness. Anyways, I've sure veered off subject.....here is the new door minus the new siding that is up.



While I'm talking about the dogs, I'm excited because I just got back from picking up a dog run in town. I've been keeping my eyes peeled on Craiglist for a dog run and found one today that was in my price range (cheap). Since we now are back up to three dogs the kennel bill for vacations is back up to $50 a night which is just plain crazy I think. We've been planning on putting up a dog run that fits next to the shop with a doggie door that swings between the outdoor dog pen and a pen inside the shop. This way when we go visit Sean's folks in New Mexico every winter we can just throw them in this pen and save oodles of money. I figure someone comes out daily to feed the horses while we are gone so they can just throw dog food in with the dogs while they are here. It is a win win situation.

A little bystander watching the mayhem. Those dogs play HARD.



When I was at a garage sale awhile back I found a set of Veggie Tales books. Wesley has decided that he LOVES Veggie Tales and will carry these books around insisting we read them at least five times a day. I like the books, they are cute and fun and deliver a good message I think. I've decided, in an attempt to retain my sanity, to purchase a Veggie Tales DVD in the hopes that he will want to watch it rather than the cursed red monster known as Elmo. I found one that even has to do with the Wild Wild West which seems to be a good bet seeing as he still talks about his Wild Wild West party daily and will put on his own cowboy boots. Wish me luck.

He loves his cowboy boots.



Do you guys like the look of the new blog? It feels fresh and summery to me. It's fun changing things up now and again. Have a good week ya'll.

3 comments:

Granny Randi said...

A big thumbs up for the new background! You're so creative.

Stacy said...

I do love the new blog! You are indeed creative. I can't wait to see what happens when the Skittlette arrives...will you have a new blog address? A new blog title? Inquiring minds want to know!

The Menagerie Momma said...

Glad you guys like it! I'm still debating what to do with the blog when the baby arrives. I don't think I'm going to change addresses right away (or ever) just add to the current blog title. Who knows though!