Monday, July 20, 2009

Energy Drain

This has to be the most productive summer we've ever had. Between painting the house, installing a perimeter fence, new landscaping, finishing the pool demo and chipping limbs it's been a crazy summer. I've said before, but it seems that when a new baby is on the way, we turn into crazy working fools. Everything that has ever been on the "to do" list gets done. I didn't think we could top the summer that Wesley was born but I believe we've done it this summer. But with all this productivity comes the inevitable energy drain. Sean and I are both feeling it although my drain is mainly due to being in the last several weeks of pregnancy. Sean on the other hand has been running around like the energizer bunny and now is starting to feel it.

Saturday he decided to tackle one of the larger items on the "to do" list. This item has been there ever since we moved into our house five years ago. This house was a repossessed house when we purchased it. In some instances when a home owner is facing repossession they go around and strip the house of anything of value. We lucked out on this house, it was move in ready with a few exceptions. The exterior door leading out of the laundry room looked like it was taken and replaced with an ill fitting door. So for five years now we've been saying how much we need to replace this door that leaks air like a sieve. In the winter I feel it would be like leaving a window open. Not good for the electric bill. It was always a project that needed to be done in the summer but never really got remembered until the dead of winter. Sean got a nice new pre-hung door and installed it yesterday. It is still without trim for the moment but it's wonderful to have a tightly sealed and much safer door installed. Have I said how lucky I am to be married to such a hard working guy?



I was going to spend the weekend refinishing a dresser I bought for the baby but have since decided it might not be a good idea. I was all prepared to go out and use the hand sander to even out the surface when Sean reminded me that the dresser looks like an antique and might be covered in lead paint. Not such a good thing for anyone to be inhaling, especially me. So poor Sean has a new project on his already stuffed schedule. I'll have to do a before and after on the dresser as I think it's going to turn out gorgeous.

That's about all for now. I have to add in here that Wesley just said "I love you Mommy" for the first time (unprompted) as I left his room for his nap time. Talk about precious.

2 comments:

Granny Randi said...

I love you, Mommy are the sweetest words...just remember them when Wesley says...you're the meanest mom in the 8th grade...ask Sean
I love you, Mom still brings a smile to my face and my heart.

The Menagerie Momma said...

I'll have to ask Sean. I can't imagine him saying that to you! I know Wesley doesn't know what it means yet, but it still warms the heart. :)