Monday, July 27, 2009

County Fair Time

It's the end of July, it's steamy hot outside, I'm starting my eighth month of pregnancy so what better to do on a boring Monday morning than go walk around the county fair. Jessica and I loaded the kids into the van and took off this morning to show them all the glorious animals. It's amazing how much can change in a year! Last year at the fair Wesley wasn't even walking and I took him around the fairgrounds in the stroller. He wasn't much interested in the animals at that time. This year he was quite a bit more excited to see the bunnies, chickens, goats, pigs and cows. I'm sure every year that goes by will be more fun until he's old enough to join 4-H and show his own animals. It brings back memories of all those hot summers growing up at the fair and showing livestock, I can't wait for him to have fun doing that as well. Jessica and I were walking around commenting on what animals we would allow and not allow our children to raise and show. She showed pigs one year (and only one year) and thoroughly thinks they were worthless to have. I'm under the conclusion that my kids can raise animals to show that don't have to be sold for meat. So no beef, bucket calves, sheep or meat goats. I think dairy goats, bunnies and poultry would be fun (I mean for the kids that is..he he). I'm sure Sean will have some input as well.

Our little pen of crazy animals



There was a whole lot of pig petting going on



Look Ma! A baby cow!



Enjoying himself at the fair



Abby and Wesley terrorizing an unsuspecting duck



Cooling down with a drink on the way home

1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

I love the picture with the 3 little "darlings" cooling off with a drink on the way home. How cute!