Saturday, July 18, 2009

Transitioning

It's strange to me to think that I have a two year old now. I think about how two years ago I was stuck in a recliner unable to move with a week old baby stuck to my boob and it baffles the mind. How was that two years ago? And how is that going to happen again in two months? I can't believe I'll soon be a Mom of two. These changes are happening so fast! Time seems to go into warp speed once you have kids.

On the subject of changes, Wesley has transformed so much in the past month. He picks up so much of what Sean and I say now that it's gotten us to really think about what comes out of our mouths. He mimics everything. My favorite so far is whenever we give him something we say "Here ya go Wesley". He takes the object, a snack for instance, and immediately says "Here ya go Fesley". He can't say Wesley, so he's Fesley. The kid always talks in third person too. I don't know if he's been watching too much Elmo's World or what. I'm anxious to see how he is around the new baby. I'm a little afraid of how jealous he's going to be. I hope he understands that Mom isn't going to be able to run around and play with him like she usually does. Luckily Sean gets two weeks paternity leave from work so that should be a huge help. Sean has been taking over many of the evening baths for Wesley so that he can transition into that full time once the baby arrives. I also plan to purchase a few new toys that come out only during baby feeding time so that he has something to focus on while I'm indisposed. In theory this is all going to go smoothly but I know it won't and I know it will be crazy around here. We are just trying to soak up as much time as we can as a family of three before transitioning to a family of four. It's alarming to see that baby counter on the right in the single weeks now.....scary!

No comments: