Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Exhaustion

I find myself suffering from sheer exhaustion these days. I'm ashamed to say that I've been crawling into bed the second I get Wesley down for his nap. It's crazy. The only thing I can attribute it to is the pregnancy, yet I just don't remember being this tired all the time when I was pregnant with Wesley. Can being two years older make all that difference? Or is it the fact that I have to chase a two year old around constantly while being pregnant that is causing the exhaustion? I wish I knew because it's kicking my butt. I'm not even doing anything productive to explain how tired I am. At least if I was painting the house still, or out gardening constantly, I'd have something to blame it on. But nope, this is all from carrying around a highly active little girl in my belly and watching a two year old be crazy. These kids just suck the energy right out of me....one from the inside and one from the outside. I seriously don't know how people do it with more than two kids. You'd have to just bury me in the backyard.

On a different note, we are gearing up for a small road trip this weekend. Sean's folks sold their farm so we are headed out for one last hurrah to the place where he grew up. It's roughly a five hour trip from here so we plan to stop frequently to allow Wesley and I some time to get out and stretch our legs (doctors orders). This is about as late in the pregnancy as I feel comfortable traveling so I'm thrilled they picked this weekend as I can't wait to see everyone!

No comments: