Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend

Wesley has had a pretty busy weekend for a change. Yesterday he and I woke up early to go participate in a Heart Walk. The company my father works for is one of the sponsors so he asked if we wanted to join them, we said sure! It was enjoyable. We loaded Wesley up in his wagon and walked three miles around the local college campus. It was a nice walk and the campus was really beautiful. I, unfortunately, forgot my camera so don't have any picture to post but we did have a nice time and were lucky that the weather cooperated.

Sean has been out chipping more of the piles of walnut limbs every weekend and is making progress slowly but surely. The chipper is working like a champ and chewing up those limbs. I'm so glad we just bought one instead of renting as this would have taken far longer than we had originally thought (doesn't everything?). The pile of mulch is growing rapidly and has become a fun play spot for the youngins. Friday when Alex and Abby were over I got a picture of them playing king of the hill.



This morning I had to get Sean to give Chance a flea bath as he's been quite itchy lately. I'm a firm believer in topical flea treatments and I've treated them several times this season already. The problem is our vet stopped carrying the stuff we like so we tried some new stuff called Vectra and it doesn't work at all. In fact poor Sophie has had some sort of allergic reaction to it and itches and bites the spots where I treated her back. So I'm forced to use flea shampoo until I can treat them again next month with my old stuff. Here is Wesley watching Dad shampoo up Chance. This is the first dog bath Sean has ever given. I normally do it but didn't have any gloves and didn't want the anti-flea chemicals on me.



Wesley has learned how to open and shut the gates on the fence outside. This is proving to not be a good thing since one of the gates he likes to open and shut is the gate to the dog area. If he lets Sophie out when we're not watching her she's likely to take off. We've added some latches to the gates to prevent this but not before he went into the dog area and threw her dog bowl and water dish down on the concrete breaking both last night. Little turkey.



That's about all that's happening around here. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

No comments: