Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Fun

I like Fridays. I'm sure I'm one of many. Fridays always make me happy because my husband will be home for the weekend and we do enjoy hanging out as a family. Today Wesley and I have been going through this large cedar chest in our bedroom that is stuffed full of baby boy clothes. It is so stuffed full that the outgrown 18 month clothing has started piling up next to it since I haven't a clue what to do with it all. Last week I got on eBay and purchased some Space Bags in hopes that I can stuff all these tiny clothes into them and store them away. If you aren't familiar with Space Bags they are big sealed bags that you place garments and/or bedding into and then use a vacuum cleaner to suck out the air, leaving you with a squished bag about a third (or less) of the original size. I got three X-large bags, each bag can hold a queen size comforter and two pillows. We'll see if three of them can take care of this (and the chest is still about a third full):



Tonight we are taking my Mother out to our favorite rib joint to celebrate her belated birthday. They were in Colorado for her actual Birthday and this is the first chance to take them out. Happy belated Birthday Mom! I even made the delicious Cookie Cake Pie that I mentioned here for her birthday cake (or pie or whatever it is). I changed up the recipe by using an Oreo graham cracker crust, with chocolate chip cookie dough and then a double chocolate cake mix for the cake. It is frosted with chocolate lovers frosting. Let's just say it looks pretty tasty sitting there in my fridge, I hope it makes it to tonight.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: