Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Aquarium

What a nice weekend we had. First and foremost, Happy Father's Day to all you special Dads out there! Especially my wonderful husband, my Father and my Father-in-law. You guys enrich our lives so much and we are so lucky to have you in them.





We got back this evening from out mini vacation to Oklahoma. It was a weekend packed full of events and we really had a nice time. Saturday we woke up and went to the Oklahoma Aquarium, followed a trip the USS Batfish Submarine. Sunday was a trip to see Woolaroc Ranch. Since I got so many good pictures I'm going to break the weekend up into a few different blog posts over the next few days.

The Oklahoma Aquarium was something I've been wanting to see for about a year and a half now and am thrilled to finally have seen it. Wesley has an Elmo's World where part of the DVD is about fish. In this segment they take a trip to an aquarium and it looked so neat I immediately got online and Googled the closest aquarium to us which happened to be in Oklahoma.

I can say that the experience was sort of lost on Wesley at this age. I'm not sure if it was the lack of sleep from the night before (a whopping 6 hours) or lack of food, or just being a two year old but he wasn't very into it. I, on the other hand, thought it was quite interesting. I've always thought fish and sea life was fascinating so this was right up my alley. They had a spectacular shark exhibit as well as an awesome otter habitat that made it worth it. Here are some pictures from the Aquarium.

Sharks!



A big tank of stingrays



Mom and Wesley checking out the fishes



He was so short he couldn't see anything so Wesley was carried through it all



All smiles when he's around Grandma



Grandma and Grandpa



We were thrilled that my sister and her husband came with us as we don't have the opportunity to see them very many times a year. I've mentioned it before but my sister is pregnant as well and due to have a little boy the very end of October. We had to get the "bellies" together for a shot since this will be the only occasion we'll both be preggers at the same time.



Uncle Blake was a big hit with Wesley on this trip. He was always around to make the kid smile or giggle and it sure helped out when Sean and I were running low on energy. Thanks "Blake-not-Bob".

2 comments:

Little Man's blog said...

Our pleasure, we had a good time and it was good practice for Blakenotbob. I think he'll have so much fun with a little boy. I'll post some pix when I get around to it. Blake is swimming in Corporate Challenge tonight. Wish him luck.

Hoofprints said...

wow...look at those pretty bellies! You two look amazingly close in size. But I can totally tell who is carrying a boy and who is carrying a girl. :-)