Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just Random Stuff

    Since I'm having such an uneventful week I thought I'd just share some random things that are happening around here.

  • Yes, my week is so slow that I'm going to talk about the cat for a moment. She has been an exclusively outdoor cat for about 6 months now and seems to enjoy it. Her new favorite game is to play in the sprinkler. I have a sprinkler set up on the new baby grass where the pool used to be and I go out there and turn on the water once a day for a thorough watering. The second that water goes on she runs over there and chases the water around. She gets pretty wet in the process. Silly cat.



  • I was outside cleaning the koi pond water pump that supplies the waterfall when to my surprise I see baby goldfish in the filter box. The adult fish haven't been in the pond for even a month and there are already baby fish. They are still little brown fish, they won't get their colors for awhile but soon there will be tiny little darting orange fishies everywhere. Very cool.


  • In my time off I sculpt and sell the sculptures on eBay. Before Wesley was born it was a fairly lucrative business and it allowed me to work from home which has worked out well with the transition to being an at home Mom. Since Wesley was born I've only been able to sculpt during his two hour nap and after he goes to bed at 9:30 pm. Naturally it has taken my income down quite a bit but I've been really working hard over the past year to get it back up to where I want it to be and I'm happy to report that as of last month I've become an eBay Power Seller again. This might not mean much to anyone but it means that I'm consistently selling a certain amount of sculptures a month and bringing in a steady amount of money. It feels good to be contributing to our household again. I know once Skittle"ette" comes this September it will go back down but it brings me hope that I'll be back here again someday.


  • Wesley has been saying his ABC's pretty good lately. He'll sing the ABC song and get about 75% of them and he's doing a good job of identifying about 12 of the letters on sight. It's funny because we'll be sitting around the dinner table and he'll just burst into song. He still counts everything in sight as well and he's taken to stacking as well. Today in the grocery cart he sat in the front seat and stacked my can goods all around him. He'd get about 5 cans high before they'd fall everywhere.


  • My little garden is really exploding. I didn't want to plant a big garden this year since I have no desire to be outside watering and weeding this August while being 30 weeks pregnant. No thank you. So I compromised and planted a few already started seedlings around the koi pond. I just planted three tomato plants, a watermelon plant, some cucumbers, a zucchini plant and some random herbs (Mmmm cilantro). It seems early but I've already got four little green tomatoes growing.


    Watermelon


    Zucchini



  • I know I wrote awhile back that we think we finalized a baby name, yeah that's not the case. I swear I change my mind every two weeks now. I think the kid will be named whatever I have decided on in the two week span that she's born. I did find this rather fascinating website about baby names that I like to just play around with. You just type in the name you are interested in and it does the rest. Try it out.

3 comments:

Little Man's blog said...

I think you should name her Buttercup. The next kid could be Fezzik and of course, Inigo Montoya. I don't know about Count Rugan and for sure not Humperdink. That'd just be mean.

Hoofprints said...

Humperdink is already taken anyways...I'm saving it for my next kid. But things could change, I'm still trying to name one kid Darth Maul. Maybe I could combine the two...Darth Maul Humperdink...no good?

The Menagerie Momma said...

Darn, Buttercup would have been a cute nickname to call her during the pregnancy. Good call Sis.