Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Ramblings

My life is not very exciting at the moment (or ever for that matter) and I'm just going to write my average rambling blog post. I'm happy to say that our heat pump guy finally made an appearance yesterday after yet another phone call. I understand that it's 100+ temperatures and our priority is rather low in the scheme of things with other people possibly not even having air conditioning. Still, it was one hot boring week with the air conditioner acting up and being stuck at home to monitor it. It turns out after the repair guy plugged in all his hoses and meters that our poor unit was low six pounds of coolant (or freon or whatever it's called). I guess the unit only holds 16 units so six is a lot to be missing and still be expected to keep up in crazy heat like we've been having. Needless to say it is now all filled up and ice cold, un-humid air is pouring out of the vents. It's heavenly. I can stop constantly sweating now.

We've had our shop full of the unused pool equipment since the pool was removed over a year ago and I finally got around to photographing it all and posting it on Craigslist. Have I told you how much I love Craigslist? I posted the pump, filter, pool cleaner and ladder on Friday afternoon and by yesterday morning it was all sold except one thing. I even priced stuff for more than I thought I could get for it. One lady called in such desperation on Friday night. It appears her pool pump went out 2 weeks ago and the pool was now green and her kids were bugging her like crazy to go swimming. She was so excited to buy the pump and get her pool back up and running. I'm just glad all of that stuff is out of the shop and was able to make a few bucks in the process.

I've officially entered the third trimester of this pregnancy. I know I've said it before, but it is going so fast! I've got less than 13 weeks left to go, and to me that is measured in 13 weekends. How much can I get done in 13 weekends. I've still got a chunk of the house to paint, we'll need scaffolding to get to the second floor but that might come later. I still need to refinish the dresser I bought at a garage sale for the baby. Tons of baby clothes need to be washed and put in above mentioned dresser. Then there are all of the little projects like finishing caulking the kitchen, painting the horse shed, getting the crib and putting together in our room, and making and freezing a ton of meals for after the baby comes. Of course things will get harder as the time goes by and the belly grows to abnormal dimensions. But I'm thrilled we'll get to meet our little girl in less than three months.
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

No comments: