Thursday, June 25, 2009

Heat

Can someone tell me when June meant 103 degree temperatures? This entire week is 103 degrees and last week was near that. I'm dying here. I find myself sweating inside in the 74 degree house with the air conditioning let alone outside chasing Wesley around. I've been trying to convince him that playing outside during the heat of the day is not fun and we've been trying to find new and exciting things to do inside. To add to this wonderfulness, our air conditioner is starting to act up. Yes, this is the almost brand new, only been installed for one year, air conditioner. Uggg. It can't seem to keep up with these extreme conditions (imagine that) and proceeds to ice up in the middle of the day. Therefore I've been chained to this house all week to prevent any damage to the unit when it ices up. I have called our heat pump guy but he can't make it out until "later this week". It's already Thursday, can't go too much later than this. Right?

I've mentioned that we've been in the process of painting the house. With the heat being all crazy like it is that project has been put on hold. I find my only times to go out and paint are either during Wesley's nap from 2-5, or in the evenings after Sean's gotten home and we've eaten dinner. It's dangerous heat during his nap so that one's out and the evenings just fly by with dinner, dishes and bath time. Sean suggested if I really wanted to get it done I could get up ultra early and go out during the morning. For some reason this never registered in my brain as an option. So yesterday I got up at 7 am (yes, that's ultra early to a night bird like me) and went out and painted the south side of the house. I'm almost done, maybe one more morning and I can finish it. It feels good to get big stuff crossed off the "to do" list.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Funny. We went to our local Farmer's Market today and it RAINED! It was cold - it was 66 degrees and COLD. We kept talking about how weird it is to live in the coldest part of US in June. Wish I could send you some coolness.