Monday, June 8, 2009

Conquering slides and scary easter baskets

We had a day with a few "firsts" today. Wesley and I were over at Jessica's house letting the kids play outside and I look over to see Wesley climbing the ladder to the big slide all by himself. This is a first for him, he's a pretty cautious child and doesn't attempt to do much on his own. He didn't seem to need any help so I let him climb it and then he went down the slide by himself. It was great. He had the biggest smile on his face and immediately went over and did it over again about 10 times. The kid sure is growing up. We'll have to buy ourselves a swing set with a slide sometime.

Then we get home and I prepare to put him down in his crib for his nap. He always goes in the crib awake and happy and eventually goes to sleep after about 10-15 minutes. He's got a few toys in there that he plays with until he goes to sleep. Today he just wouldn't stop crying. I sometimes just let him cry it out for awhile and then he calms down and goes to sleep. Today there was just "something" to the way he was sobbing so I went in his room to find that he had put his head through the handle on his Elmo easter basket and it was stuck around his neck. The sucker was wedged so tight I could hardly get it back over his head. I finally did get it off and all was well again. He fills up this easter basket with his big lego toys and takes it everywhere, including his crib. Well, not anymore. Note to self, no more easter baskets in bed.

Here are some cute pictures taken over the past two days of Sean reading to Wesley. The kid is in heaven with the new Sesame Street board books I found at garage sales this past weekend. Note the bike helmet, he'll just wear it around the house. I was telling Sean that he reminds me of the character "Dark Helmet" in the movie Spaceballs.



1 comment:

Stacy said...

Scary! I'm glad you know your baby's cry. It is a terrifying world we bring them into, isn't it? I think I'm going to have a heart attack very young! Or maybe they'll just keep us young...