Friday, April 25, 2008

Life with a 9 month old

Well after nine months I can finally say I think I'm getting the hang of this baby thing. We are officially settling into a reliable routine. Wesley is finally taking a nap at roughly the same time every day. The problem we had with his naps was that I thought he needed two of them, he thought he only needed one. He won. You see he goes to bed at night at 9:30 pm and wakes up around 10-10:30 am....so there is no way he's taking a morning nap when he gets up so late. I've also found the key to him taking long glorious naps is for someone other than myself to put him down for the nap. It's like he can smell me in the house and just sleeps for like 20 minutes. Sean put him down last weekend and the child slept for three hours....then yesterday I leave him with my mother for a hair appointment and she gets him to sleep for 2.5 hours. Not fair. I'm obviously not doing something right. Oh well.

The nursing is finally coming to an end. From the beginning I had decided to breast feed for a year and then wean him. I never took into consideration that he just might decide to wean himself. He still likes to nurse first thing in the morning and last thing before he goes to sleep but every other feeding during the day is just too boring for the little man that always has to be looking at something. It's like there is just too much going on in the world to be dragged down by nursing. He's taken to formula pretty good, doesn't seem to care one way or the other. I'm looking forward to not wearing these damn nursing bras. I think I might burn them.

He's learning some funny new things. If you stick out your tongue and make farting noises at him he'll imitate you. Then we both laugh. It's good to know we have about the same mentality.

No comments: