Friday, March 7, 2008

The New and Improved Monkey

We have a monkey that lives in our house. His name is Chance. Well, he's not really a real monkey....he's actually a tiny little terrier mix we adopted from the Humane Society. His nickname is Monkey. Today was a big day for Chance. He went to the groomers for the first time. You see, poor Chance's hair has gotten long enough that it has started to mat on his legs. He's always looked like moving roadkill to me anyways but the matting of the fur just added to this. I felt it was time to have something drastic done to his appearance. Here are his before photos:




I dropped him off this morning and told the groomer to do a schnauzer cut on his face, shave his body and give him a "lion" tail...you know with a tuft at the end. I do believe the other dogs were laughing at him once I brought him home. I swear that was the best $30 I've ever spent. They washed him, clipped his nails, cleaned his ears, trimmed his hair and emptied his anal glands (yeah...you don't want to know). He's so unhairy now! After pictures:



No comments: