Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Crazy Little Man


I thought I'd write about some of the fun new things Wesley is doing. He picks up something new everyday, this is just a few of the current trends.

He loves his highchair. He will spend about an hour in it after every meal. Once the smeared sweet potatoes have been scrapped off of it I get the small bucket of "highchair" toys out which consist of a few rattles, plastic spoons, tupperware, measuring cups and rubber blocks. These get poured out on the highchair tray. Then the race is on to see how quickly each and every toy can be dropped onto the floor and into the mouths of the waiting beasts, I mean dogs. He has mastered a technique known as the "snow plow", where he sticks his arms straight out and moves them furiously left and right. He gets a smug smile on his face when all the toys have been thrown. I then must retrieve all toys before the dogs find them and eat them. We have a small pile of the unlucky ones on top of the fridge, the rest that I can't find I will assume have been digested.

Wesley's favorite two toys aren't the expensive train set or loads of board books but rather a plastic baby spoon and toothbrush. Life is good if he's clutching his spoon and toothbrush. Life is not so good (for us) if spoon and toothbrush get lost.

A not so fun new thing he's up to is giving hickeys. I'll be carrying him around and he'll learn over and start sucking on my arm. Today I had a V-neck on and he started sucking on my chest. Maybe it's time to try a pacifier again. He's my little sucker.

No comments: