Sunday, November 30, 2008

The return

We got home from the car trip from hell around 4:30 AM this morning. We had a well tempered little boy on the trip down to NM but a little demon child on the way home. Not real sure why. Oh wait, it could be the 17 hours he spent strapped into his car seat....yep that would do it. He was not a happy camper and we tried everything to make him happy. We read to him, sang songs, played with toys but nothing would keep him from screaming except a little red monster named Elmo.

I so did not want to be one of those parents that set a DVD player in front of their child on long car trips. I used to make fun of those people, and now I'm one of them. *shudder* Yes, my child watched Elmo's World across Texas and part of Oklahoma. I'm not proud of it but in my defense one can only listen to hysterical screaming so long before one drives into a ditch. If I never see that little red monster again it will be too soon. I will not be letting him watch TV for 2 months. This I swear.

The trip (other than the car ride) was wonderful. It was relaxing and we had a great time seeing family. Wesley was his usual happy, silly self. He enjoyed the vast amount of attention from all the different and new people. He had a great time meeting his cousin Sasha and announced that she was indeed a "baby" every chance he got. He also dazzled every one with his not so new word "battery". Since returning home he has figured out that it's just old Mom and Dad again and his newfound friends aren't around to constantly read to him at a drop of the hat. He's is totally bummin about that fact.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from this past week.

Here is Granny Randi and Wesley after playing with oodles of stickers.



My favorite picture of Sean's brother Nathan with his fiance Stacy.



Grandpa Rich reading to Wesley



Sean's brother Jeremy and wife Becca.



Granny with Sasha and Wesley.



Grandpa with the babies.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hi Mandy - thanks for the fun blog postings. You are quite the amusing blogger! I love your sense of humor. Wesley is an angel. It was so great to meet you - and we hope to see you again sometime soon. Love, Stacy