Saturday, November 22, 2008

Off to New Mexico

We are leaving Sunday mid morning to go visit Hubby's family in New Mexico for a week. We are somewhat packed at the moment, hoping to finish it up in the morning. We decided to scratch the idea of leaving tomorrow evening in the hopes that we can now make it almost there Sunday, leaving only 4-5 hours on Monday. We're not booking any hotels since we don't know where we will end up tomorrow night....but we are aiming for Albuquerque. Wish us luck, it will be a long 11 hour day in the car!

I am prepared for the journey. I think I have almost packed up every board book we own and will be reading them as we drive across the country. I also purchased a little DVD player off of eBay and have videos ready and waiting. I stocked up on odd toys over the past month and have a small collection to keep him (hopefully) whine free.

Sean and I got back this evening from seeing Twilight. Oh boy was it good. Not entirely true to the book but they did a decent job. Had I not read the book I'm not sure I would have understood the strange (not very well pulled off) chemistry between the leading roles. They also left out some (I think) important scenes, but hey....overall they did a good job with the budget they had to work with. I'm thrilled it is doing so great in the box office and can't wait to see what they do with a New Moon. Exciting!

I probably won't be blogging for a little while so I hope everyone has an awesome Turkey Day!

No comments: