Sunday, May 24, 2009

Productive Saturday

The day started off better than yesterdays, nothing died today. My friend Jessica often clues me into cool kid toys that she finds on Craigslist. The deal with Craigslist is that if you find something you want, you need to act fast. Good stuff moves fast. I've been looking for a toy kitchen for Wesley since he loves to play with the kitchen at her house. She sent me a link and this morning I went and bought it. How cool is this?


It cost me a whole $15. It's in perfect condition and Wesley just loves it. He puts all sorts of things in the oven and cabinets. I've discovered I need to invest in some toy pots and pans and maybe even some fake food. I figure with a little girl on the way this kitchen will be much loved when it's all said and done. When I went to pick this up the woman that sold it to me asked if I was having a girl, I said yes and she asked if I needed any baby clothes. She lead me into her basement where she had boxes lining the walls with sizes printed on the boxes. Instead of having a garage sale she decided to post everything she had for sale on Craigslist. She said she'd sold $550 worth of kids clothes and toys in the past 3 days. Sure seems like the way to go, that is if you don't mind a parade of strangers walking through your house (personally I couldn't deal with that, ick). Anyways, I walked out of there with a big bag of darling tiny girl clothing, many still having their tags attached. Have I mentioned how much I like Craigslist?

This afternoon Sean and I went out and started painting the house. It's truly amazing how something small like a coat of paint can transform the look and feel of your house. It really looks good, too bad we didn't do this sooner. That was my day. I'll leave you with some pictures of Wesley's favorite new past time. He's always enjoyed YouTube. Being able to watch a couple of Sesame Street clips brings the boy such happiness since we don't get PBS (nor would he be awake early enough to watch it). Well, every night before his bath he asks to watch this extremely catchy (and annoying) Abby Cadabby video called "I Love Words". If you have a toddler I'm sure you've been submitted to this torture. And by torture I mean having this song stuck in your head every moment of every day.


And when the main computer is being used to download GPS maps, I get Dad to show it to me on his computer

4 comments:

Hoofprints said...

I'm glad you got the kitchen. I was hoping they'd still have it, but what am I supposed to do with all MY girl clothes now that you are stock piling em yourself??

The Menagerie Momma said...

I'll take em! I need to come over and do that before I buy anymore! It's a sickness you know.

Hoofprints said...

sickness...terminal I believe as well. We shall garage sale until the day we bite it!

Stacy said...

PLEASE don't buy girl clothes! We have them by the ton as well - and some are adorable! We will send them all your way...