Friday, May 29, 2009

Meet Nacho

Usually when one animal leaves our place it's not a tremendous amount of time before another arrives. I'd like you to meet Nacho.



Nacho is a 6 week old Holland Lop baby bunny. As you can see he is just about the most precious thing ever. Seriously. He fits in the palm of my hand and will only be 4-5 pounds at maturity. His full name is Nacho Bell Grande (can't tell a pregnant woman named him eh?). He's Wesley's first pet. When Sean got home from work yesterday he looked at the bunny and said "Ah the first of many pets purchased in Wesley's name." See now I have another pawn in my love of animals. A child, a person that needs a pet to learn responsibility (and all that other crap). I can say "But Sean, Wesley really needs that duckling." When in all reality these pets are mine. I'll have to clean and feed and do everything else at least until Wesley is old enough. I'm ok with this. This morning Wesley came out of his bedroom and ran over to Nacho and said "Hi Nacho Rabbit!". He does this every time he passes his laundry basket, I think the poor baby bunny just about has a heart attack being yelled at by a toddler.

Yes poor Nacho is living in a laundry basket for a few days while I clean and refinish his hutch this weekend. This is a hutch that has seen a whole lot of bunnies in it's lifetime. My Dad and I built it when I was 12 or 13 years old and housed my one rabbit that I used to show in 4H. It then got moved over to Jessica's parents house when I moved off to college. There it was used to house several more rabbits. The old hutch is around 18 years old and I think it's kind of neat that it will house my sons rabbit now (excuse me, my rabbit).

Nacho sitting on my huge belly (I wish nachos were in my huge belly instead)

1 comment:

Hoofprints said...

Mmmm...nachos. I'm not even pregnant and even I want nachos in my belly. Hello Nacho Rabbit! You shall be great friends with Pickles the bunny!