Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Appointment

I had my 22 week appointment today. Everything is looking great. The little skittle had a strong 155 beats per minute. I was a little worried about getting on the scale since my appetite seems to have kicked in this past month. I'm literally hungry all the time. This pregnancy I'm craving watermelon (I can't get enough of it), mac and cheese and salty stuff. With the first pregnancy it was chicken fried rice. Wherever I went I'd always come home with some chicken fried rice. Funny how different this one is. I'm eating small amounts throughout the day since big meals just don't fit in the stomach like they used to. Things are definitely starting to get squished inside the old abdomen. I gained 5.5 pounds in four weeks which seems like a large amount but overall not too bad. I'm trying not to worry about the weight gain since it does come off in the end. I gained 43 pounds with Wesley and it was all gone within six months postpartum. I attribute that to breastfeeding. Natures Jenny Craig.

I asked the doctor about the tick issue again since they seem to be getting worse. It doesn't freak me out anymore when I find them, but I still get concerned with the threat of Lyme disease. If I take Wesley outside for 30 minutes I will always find at least two stuck to me somewhere. It's always a scavenger hunt trying to find them. My question to the doc was whether I should be using bug spray to try and deter them. I'm kind of wondering which is the worse of the two evils. Chemicals verses tiny ticks. I'm really trying to go all natural with this pregnancy and spraying my body down with nasty chemicals just doesn't do it for me. She said bug sprays are ok to use, although some is absorbed into the blood stream. Oh decisions decisions.

3 comments:

Hoofprints said...

I TOLD you that you woldn't have gained ten pounds. You look too good to have gained that much. Ha ha ha...I was right. Too bad I didn't take you up on your bet.

The Menagerie Momma said...

Thanks man, I should have gained 10 pounds the way I was eating this month. All I've got to say is no more Chocolate Lucky Charms.

Hoofprints said...

WHAT?!? but they are so tasty...give in your dark side...it's a much happier place. :-)