Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cloud Nine

What a great weekend we're having. I'm so excited to announce the birth of my newest niece! Yesterday evening my sister-in-law Stacy and brother-in-law Nate (Sean's older brother) welcomed their beautiful little girl, Berkley Wren, to the world. She's a beauty with a head full of dark curls. I'm just thrilled to be an aunt to all these wonderful little girls. I can't wait to see more pictures! Keep them coming guys!

I've been riding on cloud nine with the news of the little one's birth. It sure makes ya smile knowing there is a new member of this crazy, wonderful family.

Wesley and I went outside this morning to try out our newest purchase. I felt it was time to invest in a sandbox for the little dude. We don't have much of anything in the way of outdoor toys which really isn't a problem. He finds plenty to do outside with out them. But I thought every little kid needs a sandbox at some point. Boy, did I hit the jackpot. He wasn't so sure what to think of it at first, he just stood over it and dug around with some of the toy rakes. He didn't seem to understand that you could get in the box to play.


I decided to help him out a little bit and took off his shoes and plunked him down in the sand. Of course, at first, he didn't like the feel of the sand on his bare feet.


This only lasted temporarily and he just dug in. He acted like a little boy in a sandbox. Dug and piled sand everywhere. Put sand in his Tonka dump truck and wheeled it around. He sat in there and played for half an hour while I did yard work. It was great! This particular sandbox came with a lid to keep Miss Kitty from using it as a litter box. It was pricey but well worth it. We'll get a lot of use out of it.

No comments: