Friday, May 8, 2009

20 Weeks



Today marks the official half way point of this pregnancy. The only noteworthy thing I can mention that happens around this time in a pregnancy is the awkward question..."are you expecting?" This has happened a few times now, usually with people I haven't seen in a few months (or years). For example yesterday I went to the local Wally World to buy flowers and ran into an older lady that I used to work with at the vet clinic while I was in high school. She and I wandered around outside looking at the flowers and chatting and ended up at the check out lane. She then (after we had been walking for 10 minutes) timidly leaned in and asked in almost a whisper if we were expecting. Kind of like she wouldn't want to embarrass me if she was wrong and I was just packing on the poundage. It cracks me up. For one, women do not carry weight like this. Never in my 30 years on this planet have I seen a woman with all of her extra weight right out front like a beer belly. No, we get it all over....hips, rear and every where else in between. Two, it's not like I would have gone off and smacked her for asking. Hey, we all get curious now and again (sometimes our curiosity does get us in trouble eh Randi...remember Phoenix?). I'm just happy that it now appears that I'm pregnant and not just chunky, that phase sucks.

This little lady has been kicking up a storm. I forgot how powerful those little kicks can be. It amazes me since she's still so tiny. According to my online calendar she's around 10-12 ounces (the tech said she was 8 ounces at the ultrasound 2.5 weeks go) and 7 inches long. Of course my little helper is in the photo above. It feels like I'm looking at a Where's Waldo picture, maybe we'll rename it Where's Wesley.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Cute! How come you can still blog while pregnant and I am doing good to dry my hair in the morning?