Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bring on the Muffin Top!

One of the joys of being pregnant is not being on my diet anymore. In fact the day I found out we were pregnant I walked downstairs and showed Sean the positive ept test and the second words out of my mouth were "I can eat bread again!". And I didn't stop with just bread. Yesterday I made these jems:

Strawberry cupcakes with meringue frosting and sprinkles



That's not even a stock photo, those are actual goodies. The little person inside of me made me do it. Oh Holy Muffin Top were they good! I love strawberry cupcakes, they are dreamy. I haven't made cupcakes in eons and Wesley had never had one, so he got his first cupcake last night. He attacked it with such vigor that by the time I went and got the camera he had already demolished it. I'm pretty certain Wesley is enjoying non-dieting Mommy better than strict dieting Mommy. And I'll just deal with the look the nurse gives me when I step on the scale at the Dr. office in 4 weeks.



1 comment:

Stacy said...

Wow - so much to respond to. First of all - cute new blog design! Second, love the look of those cupcakes. Yum. Third, the baby countdown gadget is way cool. Too bad I didn't find it first! And finally, love the running horses. I wouldn't know what to do with real animals - I envy you! Glad you are feeling better. Hugs, Stacy