Tuesday, January 6, 2009

No more muffin top

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am trying out the Atkins diet and so far so good. I don't have a large goal as I just need to drop five or eight pounds, mainly I need to tackle the "muffin top" that came along after the pregnancy. I've only technically been on the diet for 6 days now but my pants are already fitting better and there's not as much of me coming over the top of my jeans. I'm excited! It hasn't been too hard to accommodate the diet into my life as I'm not a huge bread junkie to begin with. My weakness is sweets. In this diet I've had to give up bread, fruit (a hard one), pasta, sugar and dairy products other than cheese and butter.

I've been waking up and making a tasty one egg omelet with mushroom, swiss cheese and cilantro. It's really good and keeps me full until lunch. Lunch has been a salad with ham and feta cheese and a drizzle of greek olive oil dressing. I've been snacking on string cheese and sugar free jello. Dinner last night was shrimp scampi (without bread crumb topping) and seasoned broccoli. I'm not making my skinny hubby and youngin eat this diet, so they get rice or noodles with the meal. It's funny but I'm not even craving the sweets or carbs anymore.

I'm going to keep this up until I loose the 5-8 pounds and then I'll start slowly adding in whole wheat breads and pastas and I'll occasionally indulge in a sugary dessert. My first splurge is going to be these (DROOOOOOL):



And I can't wait. Don't they look good? They are Whoopie Pies and they are going to be my prize for sticking to the diet. Wish me luck!

No comments: