Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Birthday wishes, allergies and escape horses

First off, Happy Birthday Grandpa Rich! Hope you had a great Birthday and we wish we were there to help you celebrate it! If it helps, we made a cake today and ate it in your honor. :)

I haven't been blogging very well this past week due to the severe onslaught of seasonal allergies. Spring is always the worst season and it caught me off guard this year being so early. The warm weather has sent these trees into a mad dash to pop out those flower buds. It really sucks. When the weather is beautiful I just want to throw open all the windows and feel the warm air but I'm forced to keep them shut and stay indoors until the worst of it is over. It's been so bad I can't even sleep much at night. I've been sleeping on the couch propped up on pillows so I can drain. Poor Sean would be up all night with my constant nose blowing otherwise. Did I mention it sucks?

I had a some what exciting evening. I looked out the window and saw three huge horses run by, heading for my miniature horse pen. Looks like the neighbors across the street have a tough time keeping their horses confined as this is now the second time they've escaped. So I set Wesley up with Elmo's World (the best make shift babysitter I could find) and ran out there to catch them. With a little bucket of feed I managed to get lead ropes around all three of their necks and started walking them down the drive way about the time the neighbors drove up. I forgot how big and strong full size horses are, I'll stick to my midget horses.

That's about all that is new. Since this is supposedly a blog about Wesley I will leave you with some pictures.

After every nap, he won't leave his room until he's grabbed as many of his stuffed "friends" as his little hands can hold.



He often crouches like this. His little hiney hovers about a quarter of an inch above the ground. I find it strange.




Such a cute little man. Maybe I'm biased.


No comments: