Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Heartbeat

I had my 14 week prenatal appointment today. Everything is going great. We got to hear the heartbeat today, it was a strong 154 bpm. I took my sidekick Wesley along this time and he had fun making googly eyes at the people next to us in the waiting room. Everyone commented on what a laid back kid he is. He just sat next to me on the bench for the ten minutes we were in the waiting room eating his graham cracker. He's such a good kid, we really are lucky.

My next appointment at 18 weeks will be the ultrasound and hopefully we'll get to see the sex of the new baby. I'm excited. It will be the end of April. My intuition tells me its going to be a boy but who knows. I went back and looked at Wesley's heartbeat for the 14 week appointment and it was 178. There are old wives tales about heartbeat and gender and according to them this new one is a girl. Both the 8 week and 14 week bpm were 150 and 154. I really don't have a preference for the gender as long as he or she is healthy, that's all we ask. That's all that's new around here.

3 comments:

Nate said...

My advice? Don't tell Mom the gender. She's a little too 12th-century about her preferred names...

Stacy said...

I concur with Nate. Any woman that would suggest "Vera" is totally out of touch with modern-day society.

The Menagerie Momma said...

LOL, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice.