Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Inner Monkey

Yesterday morning I had just sat down at the computer with my breakfast when I heard a "THUD" followed by Wesley's door opening and his little voice saying "Is anyone down there?!"

This might not seem like anything special, but it is. Yesterday was the first time Wesley has ever climbed out of his crib. In almost three years of sleeping in his crib this was the first time he's brought out his inner monkey and climbed out of it. I was so proud. I actually gave him a high five. Seriously.

His toddler bed has been parked up in his room ever since I found it at a garage sale back in April but he's not been interested in sleeping in it. He LOVES his crib. I told myself that he'd move into his toddler bed by his third birthday or when he started climbing out of his crib. Whatever came first.

So last night he ventured into the world of the "Big Boys" and slept in his toddler bed. I was expecting problems, you know the constant waking and getting out of his bed. Exploring his new cribless freedom. Well he didn't wake up once, slept the whole night without getting out even once. In fact in the morning I heard him awake up there so I snuck up there and peered into his room to find him sitting on his bed playing with his toys. He did so well, we're so proud of him. It's nice to now be a one crib family.

No comments: