Thursday, June 10, 2010

Conversations with a three year old.

Wesley: "When Daddy gets home he'll play with me!" (Daddy is the parent that rough houses with him, you know....throws him in the air, turns him upside down and tickles him...etc.)

Me: "Yup, when Daddy gets home he'll play with you."

Wesley: "When Daddy gets home he'll PLAY with me!!!"

Me: "You got it."


Wesley: "But Daddy isn't home, he's at work. You're home."


....long pause.....

Wesley: "You're a monster."


Ahhh it just makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside when my kid says stuff like this. Can you tell my little boy is in the "loves only Daddy" phase? I'm just the monster that makes him eat his veggies and wash his hands. Fun times!

4 comments:

Granny Randi said...

Been there!

Little Man's blog said...

oh jeez!! That's awful!!! I say, if you're really a monster, you better start acting like one. Just start growling for no good reason and drag your arms on the ground while you growl/grunt. See what he says then.

Hoofprints said...

You mean you don't already do that Mandy? Shoot, I do that every day. I try not to drag my arms on the ground, but I sure do growl and grunt a lot. :-)

Nu said...

Your blog makes wonderful reading! Just came across it...