Monday, June 21, 2010

Month Nine


Our little girl turned nine months old today. I love babies around this age. They are trying new things and starting to "talk" more. Their little personalities are really starting to emerge. Greta has started saying Mama constantly and I just love it. It makes me smile. I feel like I've made it through the crazy early months and am finally getting into the fun months. Phew, they were a rough eight months.

At nine months:

Greta is still waking up 1-2 times a night. Nursing gets her back to sleep quickly and I'd rather do that than hear her scream it out. That will probably change at some point.

She's starting to venture out of the baby food stage and is trying chunkier food and little chunks of fruits that she can pick up and smash into her mouth. Mealtime is starting to become a fun time for her (and us since she's not screaming).

She's also getting past her "only loves mama" phase. She'll let her Dad hold her while I leave the room without a total melt down. We are playing with the notion of leaving her and Wesley with my parents for a much needed night out. We so need a night out without the kids.

1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Plan on at least one night out when we come to visit! Greta has a beautiful smile. Can't wait to see you all. Much love.